There were so many great photos from last weekend that I thought I'd post more. Here's a great one of Alaina close up with a bow in her hair:
Getting a bath from Daddy:
In Daddy's hat again, but smiling this time:
One of our favorites -- you might need to click on it to get the full impact of Alaina's face. Anyone have a good caption idea for this one?

One last thing: do any parents out there have any tips for getting your baby to nap? Alaina does great at night (and I don't want to screw that up) but takes extremely short naps during the day. The only way she takes longer ones is if she's in her carseat -- then she can take 1-2 hour naps. Am I doomed to load her into the car or stroller in desperation, or are there other ideas? We swaddle her at night but I try not to do that during the day (as a way of differentiating night from day). She also likes sucking on her arm/hand and that helps her fall asleep for naps. One other question: any tips for getting her to sleep faster at night? Sometimes it takes forever for her to fall asleep even when we know she's tired. It's hard to complain too much because she generally stays down for the night or close to it, but it would be nice for Todd and I to have a little downtime in the evenings. We welcome suggestions in the comments section. Thank you!

No comments:
Post a Comment