Thursday, March 08, 2007

All Through the Night

Last night was wonderful! Alaina took a long time getting to sleep for the night, but we finally got her down around 9:45 (she had been fed around 8). Strangely, she woke up around 10:45 and Todd immediately got her back to sleep. We didn't hear from her again until around 5 or 5:30, when she made some noises but put herself back to sleep. Then she slept until I woke her up around 8:20 this morning! It felt so great to get so much sleep. She is still not napping well during the day, but I love the nighttime sleep! Just had to share this wonderful news.

1 comment:

Tasha Short said...

Hi Elise -

Dave encouraged me to read "Alaina's Adventures" (when I found time between feedings, diaper changes, etc.) as a sort of Mommy Therapy. I really want to thank you (and Alaina) for sharing your moments with us. As a new Mommy myself, it was helpful to read about your "adventures" with Alaina. Sometimes I felt like I was reading my own story - feeding schedules, gassy baby, sleeplessness, etc. Being home with a newborn (no less in the winter time) can be a bit isolating - so thank you for the shared moments, they help bring a bit of contact with the outside world into my day. Alaina is beautiful and obviously thriving - keep up the great work!

Fondly,

Tasha Short