Friday, October 23, 2009

New Blog that Might Interest Some of You

Those of you who know me might be inwardly groaning and thinking "Great! She's starting another blog that she'll write on a few times and get bored with." ;-) Give me a chance -- now that we're getting settled I'm hoping to be more regular.

Anyway, those of you with young kids might be interested to know that I've decided to try writing a new blog about some of our favorite books. It's at kidsbookswelove.blogspot.com. Alaina loves to read (well, be read to) and so we are constantly checking out books from the library (and reading the ones we have at home over and over again). As a result, I've started to realize that there are certain ones that really stand out from the rest in terms of quality. I plan to post about only the ones that both Alaina and I love. (Thus, you likely won't see Dora or Charlie and Lola on there, even though she loves them.) I also don't plan on posting about any that we don't like. I just thought it would be fun to give credit to any that we discover are particularly noteworthy so others can enjoy them. I only have a few reviews up so far, but I already have a list of others I plan to post soon. I'd also be interested in getting recommendations from you about your favorites for this age group, too, so that we can check out some new authors.

2 comments:

Susan Calzada said...

Great idea! I'll take your suggestions to the library with me, since there's nothing more torturous for me than trying to pick out good books for the kids when they are more interested in dumping books off the shelves.

Elise said...

Susan, we tend to pick out "girly" books sometimes so I will make sure to include some that boys will like, too!

I often end up going online before library trips and putting some books on hold. That way, even if things get crazy I can at least get those. (And that's the only way I ever get any for myself! Forget about browsing the adult section!)