Just a couple more days and we'll finally be able to take Alaina home from the hospital. At this point, she is doing well and is just here to finish the 7 days of antibiotics. As usual, she is still struggling with gas from time to time, plus the antibiotics have given her a nasty diaper rash that looks extremely uncomfortable.
She has been sleeping pretty well at night after having a fussy period in late evening.
On her month birthday, we are pretty sure that she smiled at Todd twice! Sometimes she smiles when she's about to fall asleep. This time she smiled while he was talking in a funny voice to her, and she definitely was alert. I'll be more convinced when/if she does it again. Of course, doesn't it just figure that mommy's with her all day, comforting her, feeding her, etc., and then daddy comes in at the end of the day and gets the first smiles! Not fair. I guess I need to come to terms with the fact that mommy is for nourishment and comfort and daddy is for recreation. ;-)
Here's Alaina making a funny face this morning:
Looking alert a few minutes ago:
Being comforted by Daddy when we got back from dinner out last night:
Just one more thing: she is growing like crazy! When we were admitted to the hospital she was almost 22 inches long, and this morning when they weighed her she was 9.76 pounds! She has put on nearly 3 pounds since she was born -- unbelievable. I guess I don't have to worry that she's not getting enough to eat!

No comments:
Post a Comment