Although her daddy doesn't want her to date until she's in her thirties, Alaina had her first "sort of" date today with her new friend Andrew. Actually, she and Andrew were even acquainted in the womb -- his mom, Debbie, and I bumped bellies when we hugged each other. Andrew was born 2 days before Alaina.
While Debbie and I enjoyed our mini support group, Andrew and Alaina were completely oblivious to each other's existence. Even when placed next to each other on the couch, they had no awareness that the other was there.
Debbie and I were just relieved because they slept during much of the visit. Both babies had cried most of the morning, so it was nice to have a little peace.
Prior to today, Alaina had only gone out for doctor's appointments, and I had never driven her in the car by myself. Also, Debbie's house is about 25 minutes away. Thankfully, Alaina slept throughout both legs of the trip -- I think she really enjoys being in her car seat and riding in the car. I'm glad she did so well! It was good for me to get out and also be able to talk to another mom of a newborn so I don't feel so alone. (Of course, Debbie also has a 20-month old, so she has her hands even more full than I do!)

No comments:
Post a Comment