Sunday, May 25, 2014

I was so proud of Alaina today -- she tried a bunch of things for the first time at her cousin's birthday party (not all are pictured here, even). One was roller skating:


Riding on a go kart:



Driving her own age- and size-appropriate go kart:


She also rode on bumper boats and went in a human hamster wheel thing. Alaina is normally a very cautious girl when it comes to physical things, so it was great to see her have the courage to try some new things. :-) She also helped clean up some of the wrapping paper and other trash when I asked (the first time I asked!). And she helped Emi through a climbing structure that she was a little nervous about.

Last week Alaina went from a Daisy scout to a Brownie. The ceremony was very special. 





And finally, glasses buddies! :0) (I got new glasses recently so we took a little pic together with our glasses on. Alaina really enjoys when Todd and I wear our glasses and probably wishes Emi had some, too!)


No comments: