Friday, January 04, 2013

Alaina's 6th Birthday

In Alaina's words, she had the best birthday ever this year! Her grandparents, great-grandma, and many of her friends celebrated with her. Alaina had been wanting to have a tea party for almost a year. So I thought we should combine that idea with her birthday party because I'd rather plan one party than two. ;-) I had so much fun planning it and trying to combine my ideas with Alaina's (I couldn't find a pin the tail on the unicorn pegasus game...).
 
Alaina really wanted an American Girl doll this year. I wanted to make sure she really wanted it due to the expense, so I kept quizzing her about it. The doll that seemed to resemble her most was Molly, a girl growing up during World War 2 (some of the dolls are historic, others are modern). The whole family went together on American Girl themed gifts, so she got a doll, a bed, a wardrobe, extra clothes and accessories, camping gear, etc. Molly has been played with every day since and sleeps right next to her bed (and puts on a nightgown every night!).
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Watching Elf with her cousins on the couch:

 
Playing in the snow:
 
 
She lost one of her top front teeth right after Christmas, and the other top tooth is very wiggly!

 

No comments: