I'm not sure who all the kids are in the picture, but the two boys beside Alaina are in our playgroup.
I haven't commented much on what Alaina's been up to lately. Her favorite word right now is "help." It's great because she asks for help when she needs it instead of just getting frustrated. But often she asks for help doing things she isn't supposed to be doing, and then gets upset when her request isn't honored. She also surprises us with a new word (or two, or three) daily. She loves saying "car" whenever we're getting in the car, yesterday the garbage truck came and she blurted out "truck," I gave her grapes and she asked me to "cut" them. We've also been working on kicking and throwing a ball with her and playing hide and seek. She continues to love to read books with me, and I think many of her new words come from that time together. She has learned how to turn on our stereo, Daddy's calculator, and some other things around the house. At mealtime, she goes to each drawer in the kitchen to remind me that she needs a bib and silverware and then milk from the refrigerator. :-)


No comments:
Post a Comment