Sunday, December 15, 2013

Alaina's 7th Birthday

Alaina decided to have a small, family party for her birthday this year. At first, it seemed like things weren't going right. Five of the people she hoped could come were not able to, mostly due to bad weather conditions. We tried to call various friends to share our food and celebration at the last minute, but no one could come. Then as we were preparing the food and decorating, the power went out. Thankfully, it came back on about an hour later, and we still had a great time.

This looks much more natural than I anticipated:


My little girl is turning into a lovely young lady and growing more mature each day.


The food was focused on some of Alaina's favorites and requests and included mozzarella/spinach/prosciutto pinwheels, crab rangoon, stained glass jello, M&M pretzel cookies, a fruit tray, veggies and dip, chocolate chip cheesecake dip with teddy grahams, olive tapenade, and spinach artichoke dip.


The birthday cake was a triple-layer chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting and chocolate/peanut butter ganache. She wanted to put her little dolls on top like they were walking down a fashion show runway, so I did the best I could and placed the candles around them. It tasted great!


Alaina and Emi at our local tree lighting ceremony recently:


She still loves dressing up!


Today we also went to see Frozen and got pizza for dinner. I think the rest of us had as much fun celebrating her birthday as she did! I hope she felt loved this weekend.

No comments: