Thursday, February 10, 2011

Recent Pics


Lots of pictures of Alaina in her pink princess dress. She loves playing dress-up in it.

Alaina loved taking dance class this fall (ballet, tap, and tumbling). It was a great way for her to get a taste for different types of dancing.






All dressed up and ready for Disney Princesses on Ice. We all had a wonderful time. I got sentimental during the show thinking about all the dreams that swirl around little girls' heads and how when you grow up you realize life doesn't always have happy endings. But I hope Alaina has just enough of her dreams come true to keep believing that anything is possible.


Alaina thinks her Daddy is Prince Charming. I agree.



We baked chocolate chip cookies together to enjoy during the Super Bowl. I love cooking with Alaina. The other day I was cooking something and she was able to tell me the difference between onions and shallots. I thought that was impressive for a 4-year-old.



Snuggling with Grandpa while he reads to her. He and my mom recently visited and Alaina had them read dozens of books to her. She still loves being read to and looking through piles of books. She also makes up countless of her own stories daily. Sometimes as we drive around in the car we take turns telling a story.
Alaina recently said, "Mommy, I like the name Elise. I want to call you Elise." I said, "No, you need to keep calling me Mommy." Alaina: "If I have to keep calling you Mommy, you can call me Kid!"

No comments: