Wednesday, July 08, 2009

More Summer Fun -- Zoo and a Concert

Last weekend we enjoyed a drizzly visit to the zoo as a family. Alaina has more of an opinion now on what she wants to see. There was a new komodo dragon exhibit, and Alaina was somewhat scared of it. She typically isn't frightened by that sort of thing, so I think we may be entering a new age of having more fears.



Alaina has a little Tigger stuffed animal that she brought to the zoo to see the tiger.

Today I took her to a concert for kids -- there's a weekly series of concerts held in parks not too far from us. For the first half she mainly wanted to observe the musician and all the kids and parents around us, but during the second half she started dancing and becoming more of a participant.

I think her face looks so sweetly content in this picture:


Pure joy:
Apparently I am becoming more lenient (or just less uptight) the longer I'm a parent. It was a bit cool today, so I didn't bring Alaina's swimsuit although I knew there was a spray park at this park. She saw the water and flocked to it, and although the voice inside my head kept prattling on about how soaked she'd be, I decided to let her have a blast and not worry about it. She was absolutely filled with bliss (and covered in goosebumps afterwards):


Thankfully, I did have a blanket with me that we sat on during the concert, so I wrapped her in that afterward to warm her up:




No comments: