Monday, September 15, 2008

September Update

Even though we've been doing lots of fun things lately, I haven't been great at taking photos or updating the blog. I guess I've just been trying to enjoy the last days of summer. Alaina is 21 months old today. I can't believe she's getting this close to 2.

Last weekend we went to the Chinese festival downtown (the previous weekend we went to the Greek festival). Alaina enjoyed her first time in a bounce house:


At the end of August, I took Alaina on yet another trip to the zoo. This time we got to see the sharks. I thought this photo was kind of neat with the reflection in the glass:




While we went on a trip for our 10th anniversary, my parents watched Alaina and did all sorts of fun things with her, like shopping, dining out, going to parks, etc. They also went to the Children's Museum. Two of Alaina's favorite things there are the water table and the sand table:




She also rode the carousel with Grandpa:


This is mostly for my record keeping since this blog has kind of turned into a baby book replacement. ;-) Alaina is combining words into 2-3 word phrases with regularity now, trying new combinations out and mimicking things I say (like "Breakfast is ready!"). Or instead of just saying "shirt" she'll say "yellow shirt." She knows several colors, a few shapes, and can count to 10. She also tries to sing the ABC song and gets more and more of the letters right. She sings many other songs, too, like "Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes," "Baa Baa Black Sheep," and "The Wheels on the Bus." She is still quite independent and likes to try and do things herself when possible. We were shopping the other day and she kept pointing out when she saw the letter "A" in signs. This morning she climbed up on the couch and turned on the TV, so I am going to have to start keeping the remote control out of reach. She loves to get out the broom and try to sweep the floor (how wonderful if she could really use it properly!). She also loves to play "Ring Around the Rosy." For the most part this is a really fun phase. I love seeing her communication skills improve each day.



No comments: