Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Thanksgiving

Happy belated Thanksgiving, everyone! We visited my parents for the holiday. Alaina enjoyed exploring their house, watching TV, playing with my old toys, listening to me play the piano, and being lavished with attention from her grandparents.

Alaina with my mom when we went out to lunch:


With Dad (a.k.a. "Grandpa Hal"):


Playing with my old jack-in-the-box:


Turkey, meet Alaina. Alaina, meet turkey:


Alaina tried turkey, mashed potatoes, and broccoli for the first time. She also tasted Grandma's homemade rolls and some sweet potatoes.

Before we left for Thanksgiving, Alaina made her first attempt at crawling up the stairs. Looks like I will have to keep an eye on her more than ever! She is such a fast crawler now, too. If I head for another room of the house just to do something quickly, she's right behind me.

It may just be a mother's selective hearing, but I think she's making an attempt to say some new words. I think she's tried to say "sock," "sun," "bunny," "bear," and "done." I'm so excited for her to be able to communicate better over the coming months. Of course, there's still lots of "dada," "mama," and our least-favorite: "na na na na na na" (we think that's her way of saying no).

No comments: